PART A (20%)
Why does David Finkel call his book THE GOOD SOLDIER? Is his soldier good? Is his soldier bad? Write a brief analysis of this book that is focused on the moral ambiguity of war as it is presented here.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/11/books/review/Stanton-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 here is a link to a book review I found on line, please do your best on this part of the assignment.)
PART B (40%)
1. Write an essay in which you discuss the consequences of the failure of the Great Society Programs of the late 60s. Follow the thread of that failure as it plays out in the 70s. 80s and the 90s. Be sure to include Pruitt-Igoe, Canâ€™t Stop, Wonâ€™t Stop and finally the War on Drugs and the growth of the Prison-Industrial Complex.
2. Stokely Carmichael once made the claim that what was good for Black people was good for American democracy. Discuss this claim and build a case for or against it for the period from 1954 to the present, drawing on course readings, lectures and films.
3.Cornel West has argued that Americaâ€™s will toward racial justice is weak. Discuss this claim, using evidence gleaned from the lectures. films and your reading.
4. The central philosophical underpinning of all of the significant social movements of the 60s and the 70s was the concept of participatory democracy. We now live in an age in which the gathering and the dissemination of information has been greatly democratized by a whole range of social media. Write an essay in which you 1) trace the influence of participatory democracy on one of the following social movements, paying particular attention to the ways in which the broad participation of adherents shaped the movement as a whole: Womenâ€™s liberation, environmental, Black Power, Gay & Lesbian rights movement, Chicano Movement. 2.) In a brief conclusion you might want to imagine the impact on that movement of 21st century social media.
5. Alice Echols writes: â€œIn a sense the individual became the site of political activity in the 60s.â€ Discuss. (not only in terms of the womenâ€™s movement.)
6. Write an essay in which you describe and discuss the waves of movements concerned with social justice that took place in the 60s and 70s. You need to begin with a brief comment on the Classical phase of the civil rights movement and then discuss at least three significant social movements of the period: Free Speech Movement, the anti-war movement, the Black Power movement, the womenâ€™s movement and the gay and lesbian movement. You may also choose to discuss the Chicano power movement or environmentalism.
( for part B, you can choose whichever one of these questions that you feel comfortable answering. please choose one that you can do a great job on.)
PART C (40%)
2. A historian has referred to the 1970s as a decade in which â€œit seemed like nothing happened,â€ suggesting a more complacent and conservative decade after the social activism and upheavals of the 60s. Discuss.
3. One historian has argued that Watergate was the crucial event that brought down the â€œimperial presidencyâ€ which emphasized a powerful activist president. Evaluate this view, examining presidential power and challenges to this power between the 1960s and the Reagan Administration
4. How have both male and female gender identities been redefined since the 1950s? What were the larger effects of this redefinition on American society and politics? Be sure to refer to your readings whenever possible.
Order for your custom written PAPER now!
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.