PART I: Case Studies
Directions:Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments, if possible. You may also utilize LIRN for your research. For concise APA formatting guidelines and LIRN guidelines, please visit the Academic Resource Center (ARC). Your answer to each question should be at least one page in length and utilize APA guidelines.
Assume you are the manager of an outpatient clinic that is part of a larger health care system. Complaints from patients about your clinic have recently increased in frequency and intensity. Some of your patients have complained about long wait times in the reception area. Others have expressed responsibilities without additional help. They also complain that the receptionists keep transferring calls to them that the receptionists should handle.
The nurses are very upset with the secretaries who will not retrieve the patientsâ€™ health records, which causes longer waiting time for patients. The nurses are also annoyed because the receptionists interrupt their work to ask questions. The physicians feel that they cannot do anything more because their days are very chaotic and they are stressed. They think the solution is to hire more front office staff.
What performance improvement tool(s) would you use to identify all the possible reasons why patient complaints are increasing?
What performance improvement tool(s) would you use to gather information to confirm the actual reasons for patient complaints?
You think there may be more patient complaints on certain days of the week. What quantitative performance improvement tool(s) would you use to analyze this theory?
The front office staff and nurses tally information about the causes of patient complaints. What quantitative performance improvement tool(s) would you use to select the problem areas to work on first?
After redesigning the patient registration process, you want to monitor the effectiveness of your actions. What performance improvement tool(s) would you use to measure whether the number of patient complaints actually declines in the future?
Locate a state in which there is a statewide trauma program. Describe the levels of trauma care that can be provided in various facilities in the state. Are there requirements for those facilities that affect the trauma registry? What kinds of data are collected? Are the data limited to the treatment in the facility only? Describe any studies that have been published on the basis of the use of the trauma program in the state. Describe some key outcomes of trauma treatment that are measured.
PART II: Essays
Directions: Please provide detailed and elaborate responses to the following questions. Your responses should include examples from the reading assignments, if possible. Your answer to each question should be at least 200 words in length and utilize APA guidelines.
1. Give two examples of acceptable redisclosures of health information. Please provide sample situations in which each of these may occur.
2. Describe one safeguard that should be in place to protect the confidentiality of health information when a health care organization uses a home-based medical transcriptionist and one safeguard that should be in place to protect the security of that health information.
3. List at least two parties, in addition to the health information management professional, who should be involved in developing a health care facilityâ€™s policy on disclosure of health information to the press. Justify the inclusion of these individuals.
4. Can you ignore a subpoena or a subpoena duces tecum that is clearly defective, in that some key aspect is missing? Explain your answer.
5. Is health information always admissible as evidence in court? Explain your answer.
6. Should patients always have access to their own health information? Explain your answer.
7. List and briefly explain the four elements of negligence. Explain the significance of the order of elements.
8. Assume that in a medical malpractice trial alleging that a sponge was left in a surgical site, exactly 50% of the evidence favors the defendant surgeon and 50% favors the plaintiff. Who is likely to win the case and why?
9. Assume that at a medical malpractice trial alleging postoperative infection, exactly 50% of the evidence favors the plaintiff and 50% of the evidence favors the defendant physician and hospital. Among the defendantâ€™s evidence is some indication that the patient did not comply with postoperative care instructions, including taking antibiotics to fight infection. Who is likely to win the case and why?
10. Assume that an employee of a hospitalâ€™s health information management department inappropriately released confidential information to a patientâ€™s employer. The patient is suing for breach of confidentiality. List all the parties who could be held liable for this breach and explain why you have listed them.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.