According to Erik Erikson, generativity-versus-stagnation is the typical challenge of
A. old age.
C. middle adulthood.
D. early adulthood.
2. The original purpose in constructing the MMPI-2 was
A. screening job applicants.
B. identifying psychological disorders.
C. screening college applicants.
D. identifying a clientâ€™s optimal choices among occupations.
3. During middle adulthood, the most clearly marked biological change is related to
A. memory loss.
B. weight loss.
C. reproductive capabilities.
D. the so-called midlife transition.
4. In Piagetâ€™s model of cognitive development, a childâ€™s tendency to view the world entirely from his or her own perspective is referred to as
A. the sensorimotor stage.
B. egocentric thought.
C. the concrete operational stage.
5. Having been attacked and bitten by a German shepherd, Sam reacts with fear on spotting any large dog. According to recent developments in brain research the linking role of the _________ is paramount in the recall of this sort of fear-evoking stimulus.
C. visual cortex
D. left temporal lobe
6. Which of the following statements regarding human sexuality is most accurate?
A. Regarding premarital sex, the double standard applies to both men and women.
B. Masturbation is an infrequent but not uncommon cause of sexual dysfunctions.
C. In females, estrogen production is a direct result of ovulation.
D. Only a minority of people engage in sex fantasies during actual intercourse.
7. According to Bandura, the extent to which we feel weâ€™re able to meet a challenge or pursue a task to a favorable outcome is our level of
B. openness to experience.
8. I show you a picture of an adult figure hovering over a sleeping child. I ask you to tell me a story about what you think is happening. Which kind of projective test am I using?
A. Thematic Apperception Test
B. Rorschach test
C. Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory-2
D. Behavioral assessment test
9. If you agree with B.F. Skinner as to the nature of personality, you would also agree that
A. traits like sociability arise from unconscious wishes to be liked by others.
B. humans are infinitely changeable because they can learn new behavior patterns.
C. personality is shaped by peopleâ€™s thoughts, feelings, expectations, and values.
D. human personality is largely shaped through observational learning.
10. In the context of intellectual disability, the great majority of people so challenged are classified as being _______ retarded.
11. Carol is most likely to reject the _______ theory of aging because she believes that adults need to reflect and decrease their emotional investments in others as death is inevitable.
D. genetic preprogramming
12. People with a _______ can eat just about anything they want and not gain weight.
A. low metabolic rate
B. fixed proportion of fat cells
C. high metabolic rate
D. fixed weight set point
13. In late adulthood, changes in memory may not be inevitable; however, any decline in memory tends to involve _______ memory.
14. If you support the idea that physiological arousal and the experience of an associated emotion will occur simultaneously, youâ€™ll agree with the
A. biological emotion-activation theory.
B. James-Lange theory of emotion.
C. Schachter-Singer theory of emotion.
D. Cannon-Bard theory of emotion.
15. In the research conducted by Hans Eysenck, factor analysis was used to identify ________ basic personality dimensions. Of these, the tendency to distort reality was labeled:
A. three; extraversion
B. five; neuroticism.
C. five; conscientiousness
D. three; psychoticism
16. According to Maslow??s hierarchy of needs, eating a hamburger would satisfy what need?
17. In the Binet IQ test, an IQ score is equal to MA divided by CA times 100. In this formula, â€œMAâ€ is to mental age as â€œCAâ€ is to
A. chronological age.
B. cognitive age.
C. calculated ability.
D. common age.
18. In Maslowâ€™s needs hierarchy, people whose need for _______ has been fulfilled are poised to ascend to the level of self-actualization.
B. love and belongingness
19. Which theory of emotion claims that physical changes in the body lead to the feeling of emotions?
A. The Schachter-Singer Theory
B. The James-Lange Theory
C. The Cannon-Bard Theory
D. The Kohlberg-Strauss Theory
20. According to Rogers, we can overcome the discrepancy between our self-concept and our experience through
A. balancing conditional positive and conditional negative self-regard.
B. unconditional cognitive regard.
C. unconditional positive regard.
D. conditional positive regard.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.