Topic: â€œPreventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in Accident and Emergency settings/departmentâ€
Research Methods for Health Service Management.
Report and individual research plan, for evaluating a health service (2000 words)
Preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in Accident and Emergency settings/department.
Word count:2000 words
Turnitin: This assignment does have to be submitted through Turnitin.
This assignment is intended to assess the following learning outcomes:
a) Explain the use of descriptive and inferential statistics in the design and interpretation of health and healthcare research, and in service improvement.
b) Identify the nature and sources of information and data needed to write a research proposal and report using appropriate research process criteria
c) Plan a research project appropriate to a field of study
d) Select and implement appropriate analytical techniques
e) Constructively critique the research of others, identifying strengths and weaknesses in technique, analysis and conclusions.
f) Evaluate an existing healthcare or service programme
Details of the task In your report and plan you will be expected to:
1) Select a health outcome relevant to your programme (Health Service Management) and critically evaluate research studies relating to a service designed to improve this health outcome.
2) Your critical evaluation should include discussion of the creation, expansion, contracture or closure of the service.
3) Discuss the significance of the service in terms of its health, economic and social impact by providing critical analysis of research.
4) Describe populations (geographically, socially, economically, etc) that may benefit most from this service (please make reference to specific research evidence to support the information presented).
5) Identify research priorities relating to this service. i.e. Is further research/evaluation required?
6) Provide a plan to describe how research/evaluation may provide more information about the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of this service
You are expected to collect information using various data sources including reports; electronic databases; and scientific publications. When using statistical data, graphs etc. and/or academic literature, the sources of data should be clearly indicated and referenced using the Harvard system (see guidelines on Moodle). Your report and plan should provide supporting evidence and citations throughout.
This component will be re assessed in the reassessment period in August.
Suggested Structure of the HSM Assignment Report Research Methods
Choose a form of Health Technology of interest or relevance to you.
â€œPreventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in Accident and Emergency settings/departmentâ€
Search for Economic Evaluation evidence in the literature, or in places like the NIHCE website
NB you will need to pick technology that HAS economic evidence
Your report can be up to (check with students) 2000 words in length +/- 10% and should cover the following areas:
1. A brief introduction (200 words)
Eg definition of health technology (eg, Health technology is the application of organized knowledge and skills in the form of devices, medicines, vaccines, procedures and systems developed to solve a health problem and improve quality of lives), identification of an illness or Problem in healthcare management that could benefit from economic evaluation evidence.
State briefly what studies you have found , state briefly what you are going to do in the next sections
2. A description of the studies you have found/chosen,(about 2 or 3) and an assessment of the strengths/weaknesses of each study design â€“ use the relevant CASP checklist
.Please use relevant references and the Harvard technique as required. 500 words.
3. A similar section briefly assessing the ECONOMIC evidence for its strengths and Using the Economic CASP Checklist. Please use relevant references and the Harvard technique as required.
4. Discuss briefly how a manager might implement these methods in practice and the advantages and disadvantages of that. You could use a project
management GANTT chart for example 500 words/
5. A brief conclusion outlining the benefits of bringing in this new technology or treatment and summarizing the issues you have discussed and what you have learned. 300 words.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.