PSY 550 Midterm
The 25 questions below are worth 3 points each.
1. During World War II the U. S. Office of Strategic Services ( OSS), a predecessor to todayâ€™s Central Intelligence Agency ( CIA), used a variety of procedures and measurement toolsâ€” psychological tests among themâ€” in selecting military personnel for highly specialized positions involving espionage, intelligence gathering, and the like. Why arenâ€™t these methods used today?
2. What is a psychological test?
3. The APA Committee on Psychological Tests and Assessment discussed the pros and cons of Computer Assisted Testing (CAT). What is one main advantage over the traditional paper and pencil tests?
4. What types of settings are assessments conducted?
5. The American Psychological Association (APA) has addressed ethical issues related to assessment in the APA Code of Ethics in your learning modules. Name one of the general principles that they outlined.
6. What are the four scales of measurement?
7. How would you explain correlation?
8. Name two reliability estimates?
9. What is the relationship between reliability and validity?
10. What is incremental validity?
11. What is the difference between a positively skewed distribution and a negatively skewed distribution?
12. What is commonly used as a measure of central tendency?
13. Correlation is the degree to which 2 things are connected. Name two variables that are positively correlated?
14. Give an example of convergent evidence of construct validity.
15. Name a few kinds of cut scores?
16. What is criterion referenced testing?
17. What is utility analysis?
18. What formula calculates the dollar amount of a utility gain under specific conditions?
19. How does sampling effect reliability?
20. What is the standard error of measurement?
21. What is an advantage of using a liker-type response format when creating a test?
22. What is the disadvantage of reporting a raw score?
23. What effect is the type of cognitive bias in which an overall impression of a person influences how one feels and thinks about his or her character?
24. What are some different types of psychological assessments?
25. What did the military do in order to measure the intellectual ability of recruits?
The essay questions below are worth 7 points each.
26. There are some very clear cut and distinct rights that all participants of psychological tests are privy to. Discuss the importance of adhering to these rights.
27. It can be an arduous task to create a test that measures what is intended. What are the traits of a properly created test?
28. What was important in the ruling of Hobson v. Hansen (1967)? What did this change for future creation of psychological assessments and testing.
29. There are many ethical guidelines that govern the professional behavior of psychologists that specialize in testing and assessment. Pick 3 and discuss them.
30. Consider issues of culture and assessment reviewed in the course thus far. Identify and discuss some of these issues of culture as related to psychological assessment and rights of test-takers with someone of a different culture, language background, and ability.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.