Rogerian Argument : Should schools, cities, and restaurants ban sugary foods for kids?
Rogerian Method of Argumentation
Use this outline if you are looking at two sides of an issue and want to reach a compromise with the point
of view that is opposite yours.
1. State the problem you hope to resolve.
2. Explain the type of positive change you would like to see pertaining to this issue.
3. Mention how your opponents may want to solve the same problem.
II. Summary of Opposing Views
1. Topic sentence: Explain the most important reason people disagree with your point of view.
2. Write a sentence using a quote or paraphrase from one of your sources that disagrees with your point of
3. Write a sentence of commentary to help your reader understand this point of view.
4. Optional: Write another a sentence of commentary to help your reader understand this point of view.
5. Write a sentence using a quote or paraphrase from one of your sources that disagrees with your point of
6. Write a sentence of commentary to help your reader understand this point of view.
7. Optional: Write another a sentence of commentary to help your reader understand this point of view.
III. Statements of Understanding and Validity
1. Write a topic sentence using a concept word from the finals sentence of the previous paragraphs in a
different way. Be sure to use a transition word at the beginning of this paragraph.
2. Write a sentence in which you explain how the opposing arguments might be valid.
3. Write 2-3 sentences of commentary in which you give in to the opposing side (show how they have
some valid points).
4. Write a sentence in which you explain how under certain circumstances you might be able to share the
opposing sideâ€™s point of view.
IV. Statement of your position
1. Write a topic sentence in which you state your point of view.
2. Write a sentence in which you use quote or paraphrase from one of your sources, which supports your
point of view.
3. Write a sentence or two of commentary.
4. Write another sentence in which you use a quote or a paraphrase, which supports your point of view.
5. Write another 2 sentences of commentary.
6. Write a concluding sentence.
â€¢ You may need to repeat this type of paragraph for the remaining reasons that support your point of
â€¢ This many be one or two more additional paragraphs using the above structure.
â€¢ Make sure to begin each new paragraph with a topic sentence that uses a concept word from the
last sentence of the previous paragraph in a different way.
V. Statement of Context.
1. In your topic sentence, explain how your point of view is valid and has merit.
2. In a few sentences, describe the situations in which your point of view has merit, showing that you
understand that people wonâ€™t agree with you all the time.
VI. Statement of Benefits.
This is your conclusion. Show your opponent how they would benefit from accepting your position, and
end your essay on a hopeful note.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.