Assignment 2: Assessment Data Analysis and Intervention Program ? This is not an essay so do not write an introduction or conclusion. ? You will submit ONE document; all components are embedded in it. ? Word count: Questions 5, 6, & 7 (1 800-2 000 words).
1. Download (from FLO) 25 randomly assigned test sheets for: ? Numeration and Addition OR Subtraction. ? Enter 25 studentsâ€™ results on each of the appropriate Excel spreadsheets that can be downloaded from the CD located on the inside back cover of your textbook. ? The top rows are already formatted. Be sure to check question numbers as they are not in order across the Excel spreadsheets. ? Studentsâ€™ names may be placed in any order. ? Leave teacher name blank. ? Leave year level blank.
2. Observations- At the bottom of both Excel spreadsheets write a paragraph (3-5 sentences) under each heading discussing the class data and what it shows about what students already know and need to know e.g., what are the trends in the class? Please note: Only discuss what you see in the data and not what you assume.
3. Download Assignment 2 proforma from FLO This is the only submission format that will be accepted for marking. ? Based on your review of the data select two students (one from each spreadsheet) who you identified as having math difficulties. ? Do not select complex students as this is your first time practising the process. ? Record the question responses of your two selected students on the appropriate table. Example of how to complete the tables Numeration: Questions answered correctly Question number What question tested What student knew 1 Material to symbol 2 digit numbers 3 Sequencing 2 digit numbers
Numeration: Questions answered incorrectly Question number What question tested What student needs to know next 2 Language-symbols Teen numbers 4 Sequencing 2 digit numbers
Addition OR Subtraction: Questions answered correctly Question number What question tested What student knew
Addition OR Subtraction: Questions answered incorrectly Question number What question tested What student needs to know next
Questions 4-7: Separately respond for each student 4. Read the Number and Algebra strand of the Australian Curriculum (Version 8). ? Analyse the studentâ€™s test data and indicate on the Australian Curriculum (by shading) where his/her present math skills are placed. ? Read chapter 13: Recording and reporting assessment results in Krause, Bochner, Duchnese, & McMaugh, Educational Psychology for Learning and Teaching (your set text for topic EDUC2322: Learners and their Development). ? Review the stakeholdersâ€™ assessment needs table (Griffin & Nix 1991 cited in Krause et al.). ? Read Hattie and Timperleyâ€™s article: The Power of Feedback. http://education.qld.gov.au/staff/development/performance/resources/readings/powerfeedback.pdf o Discuss, with reasoning, how the results of the assessments may be recorded and reported to school students and their families to inform them about their progress and to support goal setting.
5. What seems to be the underlying cause of the studentâ€™s difficulties? ? Write 1-2 sentences stating what appears to be their fundamental confusion e.g., Anne has difficulty with understanding the value of digits in a number i.e., place value.
6. What math skill/s should be taught next and why? ? Justify why your nominated focus area is so important to teach e.g., place value. ? You must include at least 3 authoritative sources, 2010 onwards.
7. With comprehensive citation of Booker (2011) and at least 3 authoritative sources, 2010 onwards, discuss teaching approaches, activities, and materials that could be used to teach your student the skill/s you have identified they need to know next. ? Relate all discussion to what you named in Question 5. ? Instead of describing materials (e.g., Base 10, 10 frames) you may like to insert a photo from your textbook and embed it into your assignment.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.