No references needed. Please label them by parts just like it is here.
1. I am interested in your ideas on how managed care organizations can more effectively prevent diseases or more specifically preventing the spread of disease among its contracted population. In other words, what can HMOs do to promote health and reduce illness rather than treating it after the fact. Address cost implications, patient receptivity, provider cooperation and other factors impacting this issue.
2. One of the cornerstones of Accountable Care Organizations is the use of Evidence-Based Medicine. What is this, what are the negatives of EBM, and how can HMOs encourage the positive benefits of EBM.
3. The Health Care Industry has espoused â€œquality managementâ€ for decades. Please identify and briefly discuss three quality management processes, at whatever level you wish (insurance companies, hospitals, medical groups, nursing homes, etc.).
1. Years ago it was quite common for HMOs to offer a wide range of behavioral health services, including in-patient hospitalization. More recently, HMOs have limited in-patient programs and encouraged out-patient services. Discuss some of the reasons for this shift.
2. One of the benefits to patients joining an HMO is the relatively strict peer-review and physician credentialing process required for accreditation. Discuss why the credentialing process is important and how it relates to quality management.
3. Discuss how managed care organizations design, market and sell their products to consumers, including individuals and companies.
4. Years ago when I worked for an HMO is Arizona, we contracted with a private company to provide our HMO with hospital discharge and cost data by physician specialty. We used this data to contract with the more cost effective physicians in the State. In effect, we were â€œprovider profilingâ€. What are some of the potential negatives with using this type of data in the provider contracting process?
1. In an attempt to improve quality in managed care, a report called HEDIS was established and expanded upon over the years. What is HEDIS and what is its proported value to health care?
2. One of the most important documents established between a contracted medical group and an HMO is a DOFR (Division of Financial Responsibility). Discuss the DOFR and identify three reasons why this document is important.
3. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 included a provision to establish the HITECH Act (Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act). Identify and discuss three provisions of this Act.
4. Identify and discuss three basic ways to ensure the accuracy of claims processing within managed care.
1. ACA requires HMOs to achieve a certain â€œmedical loss ratioâ€. What is a â€œmedical loss ratioâ€ and why is this an important issue?
2. After the passage of Medicare, the federal government has played a major role in setting health policy. Identify and briefly discuss three federal laws regulating health care which have had a material impact on HMOs and the health care industry in general.
3. Over a dozen years ago, California established the Department of Managed Health Care, one of the first in the nation to recognize that HMOs were different from other forms of health care insurance. Please identify and discuss three major functions of this Department.
4. Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) in claims processing can (and has) led to insolvency on the part of some medical group. Discuss IBNR and identify several ways capitated medical groups try to address this issue.
5. There are two basic methods HMOs (and other insurance companies) use to rate the risk of providing insurance to employers: experience rating and community rating. Briefly discuss each method and explain the merits and problems associated with each method.
Our Service Charter
Excellent Quality / 100% Plagiarism-FreeWe employ a number of measures to ensure top quality essays. The papers go through a system of quality control prior to delivery. We run plagiarism checks on each paper to ensure that they will be 100% plagiarism-free. So, only clean copies hit customers’ emails. We also never resell the papers completed by our writers. So, once it is checked using a plagiarism checker, the paper will be unique. Speaking of the academic writing standards, we will stick to the assignment brief given by the customer and assign the perfect writer. By saying “the perfect writer” we mean the one having an academic degree in the customer’s study field and positive feedback from other customers.
Free RevisionsWe keep the quality bar of all papers high. But in case you need some extra brilliance to the paper, here’s what to do. First of all, you can choose a top writer. It means that we will assign an expert with a degree in your subject. And secondly, you can rely on our editing services. Our editors will revise your papers, checking whether or not they comply with high standards of academic writing. In addition, editing entails adjusting content if it’s off the topic, adding more sources, refining the language style, and making sure the referencing style is followed.
Confidentiality / 100% No DisclosureWe make sure that clients’ personal data remains confidential and is not exploited for any purposes beyond those related to our services. We only ask you to provide us with the information that is required to produce the paper according to your writing needs. Please note that the payment info is protected as well. Feel free to refer to the support team for more information about our payment methods. The fact that you used our service is kept secret due to the advanced security standards. So, you can be sure that no one will find out that you got a paper from our writing service.
Money Back GuaranteeIf the writer doesn’t address all the questions on your assignment brief or the delivered paper appears to be off the topic, you can ask for a refund. Or, if it is applicable, you can opt in for free revision within 14-30 days, depending on your paper’s length. The revision or refund request should be sent within 14 days after delivery. The customer gets 100% money-back in case they haven't downloaded the paper. All approved refunds will be returned to the customer’s credit card or Bonus Balance in a form of store credit. Take a note that we will send an extra compensation if the customers goes with a store credit.
24/7 Customer SupportWe have a support team working 24/7 ready to give your issue concerning the order their immediate attention. If you have any questions about the ordering process, communication with the writer, payment options, feel free to join live chat. Be sure to get a fast response. They can also give you the exact price quote, taking into account the timing, desired academic level of the paper, and the number of pages.